- About us
- Anti-Illicit Trade Committee
- Digital & E-Commerce Committee
- Food & Agriculture Committee
- HR Committee
- Leasing & Insurance Committee
- Legal Committee
- Real-Estate Committee
- Taxation Committee
- Telecommunications & IT Committee
- Current Advocacy
Telecommunications & IT Committee
Aim of the Telecommunications & IT Committee is to advocate for the improvement of the investment climate in the sectors of Telecommunications and IT. Issues are dealt mostly by members operating in the Telecom and IT, but also from other sectors.
Established in January 2009 to deal with Telecommunications, IT sector topic was included as of June 2010, and this sectoral Committee counts around 30 members.
Main priorities defined in Committee Programme for the period 2016-2017 are:
- Law on Electronic Communications - new Law has to establish new regulatory framework in order to meet industry requirements especially regarding new services and future development.
- Management and making the use of the radio spectrum more efficient
- Strengthening the capacity of the competent Ministry and Regulatory Body (RATEL, Commission for Protection of Commission) - this can contribute to improve regulatory outcomes in terms of future industry developments, growing competition, predictability and investment attractiveness for existing and new foreign investors
- Preventing of the parafiscals for the industry - through influence on authorities to establish transparent model for all players and through monitoring and participating in all activities in this regard
- Development of new services covering primarily IT equipment, Cloud and M Government - in order to ensure the best consumer experience and improve the quality of daily human activities in all aspects
Main partners for achieving these goals include Ministry of Tourism, Trade and Telecommunications, Ratel and Ministry of Finance.
For more info about the organization of committees and the scope of their activities please see main Committees page.