- About us
- Anti-Illicit Trade Committee
- Digital & E-Commerce Committee
- Food & Agriculture Committee
- HR Committee
- Infrastructure & Industrialization Committee
- Leasing & Insurance Committee
- Legal Committee
- Real-Estate Committee
- Taxation Committee
- Telecommunications & IT Committee
- Current Advocacy
14. October 2016.
2016 SEE NPL Forum
The 2016 SEE NPL Forum is being organized by New Angles d.o.o. on October 14, 2016 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Belgrade.
The 2016 SEE NPL Forum will address the different national strategies of Southeast European countries to facilitate the resolution of the NPL problem, and will provide insight into possible effective solutions. We will discuss the different legal solutions in each of these countries and different ways of categorizing bad debt, as well as how to attract large investors interested in the regional NPL market.
PANEL I: GRASPING THE NPL CHALLENGE
- NPL Resolution Strategies
- What can we learn from the experience of others? An overview of NPLs in CESEE
- Differences in NPL strategies in SEE – a legislative overview
- Focus on Slovenia / Croatia / Serbia
- Case Study: Choosing the right model for resolving NPLs. Is there one size fits all solution?
- Commercial bank perspective
PANEL II: DISTRESSED INVESTMENTS IN SEE – CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES - SPONSORED by EOS Matrix
- What lies ahead? What needs to be done in order to attract debt management companies?
- Scaling down NPL volumes through portfolio transactions
- Challenges for Workout departments– in-house collections vs. Outsourcing and reputational risks – where should banks turn?
- Attracting big investors – creating a NPL pool – challenges and possible solutions
- Tax issues in NPLs – state subsidies, strategies and solutions
- Determining realistic valuations for NPL collaterals – the strategy going forward
- Issues in institutional and legal frameworks for collateral registration – harmonising regional legislation
PANEL III: TACKLING BANKRUPTCY AND RESTRUCTURING
- Distressed asset servicers – international best practice and developing a servicing platform
- Bank restructuring – risks and obstacles
- Strategies for developing an effective restructuring plan
- Is the use of bad banks the most effective way of restructuring banks?
- Raising recovery rates and values – debt purchasing & servicing collection
- Case study: Debt restructuring & turnaround management
- Preventing the reoccurrence of NPLs
- NPLs resolution and restructuring: legal aspects which could facilitate NPLs unwinding and prevent further growth of the NPL stock
The event will be attended by delegates from key international financial institutions (IFIs), international organisations, public authorities, investment banks, potential investors, advisory services, workout professionals, commercial banks, legal experts and local regulators. Our speakers include some of the most relevant names in the SEE NPL market. From regulators, financial institutions, investors to advisors and workout professionals, each segment of the NPL sector will be represented.
Corporate professionals in Serbia that fulfil several criteria: long-term experience in corporate work, the position of decision maker, education, international aspect of doing business, level of knowledge of the English language, knowledge and relations with the regulatory sphere.
The South East Europe NPL forum is a unique opportunity for your organisation to connect with the leading banking professionals, regulators, investors and appraisers active in NPL sales and acquisitions. The event will offer the opportunity to engage with the audience through an engaging and informative program of speakers and will facilitate networking and business development opportunities for sponsors through an interactive exhibition and dynamic networking program which will take place all through the event.
Members of the Foreign Investors Council in Serbia will receive a 20% on the participation fee.
Crowne Plaza Hotel in Belgrade
14 October 2016
If interested to participate, please fill in the application form (write the “FIC member’’ next to the company name) and send it via email directly to the organizer at – email@example.com.
To learn more about Forum, visit www.seenplforum.comor contact the organizer:
SEE NPL Forum
T: +381 11 409 0532
M: +381 65 832 3964