- About us
- Anti-Illicit Trade Committee
- Digital & E-Commerce Committee
- Food & Agriculture Committee
- HR Committee
- Infrastructure & Industrialization Committee
- Leasing & Insurance Committee
- Legal Committee
- Real-Estate Committee
- Taxation Committee
- Telecommunications & IT Committee
- Current Advocacy
FIC Regulatory Officer
FIC Regulatory Officer
FIC Regulatory Officer acts as a focal point for all committees' activities, providing them day-to-day support, and follows legislative developments. FIC has two Regulatory Officers who divide responsibilities on FIC committees.
Regulatory Officer is responsible for:
1. Secretarial function, including ensuring regular organization of the committees' meetings in compliance with internal regulations and legal requirements and creating FIC position papers on specific topics based on conducted consultations, as well as launching discussions on specific regulatory issues (that fall out of scope of committees) and organize formulation of FIC positions
2. Member awareness function, including sharing information about ongoing advocacy activities and collecting information on the issues to be considered by the committees, as well as incentivizing members' participation in analysis of particular regulatory issues;
3. Public policy function, including screening of Government law-making activities, preparing background documents for dialogue with the Government, building relations with public administration and regulatory authorities, maintaining relationships with stakeholder community.
Other duties of the Regulatory Officer are coordination of drafting the White Book editions process, assisting in formulating specific activities of the association, writing reports on the views and suggestions of the members on how to improve advocacy work of the association, etc.
“Srdjan Popovic is employed as FIC Regulatory Officer since November 2016 and is in charge of the following committees: Digital & E-Commerce Committee, Leasing & Insurance Committee, Legal Committee, Real-Estate Committee and Telecommunications & IT Committee.”
Srdjan was born in Belgrade where he attained his LL.B. from the Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade. He passed his Bar exam in January 2013. Srdjan worked at a leading regional Corporate Law Firm since 2010 as a corporate department associate focused on corporate/M&A and commercial law. Following this, he shaped specific sector expertise, working as an in house Legal advisor at the Legal Services Department of an international bank operating in Serbia.
Before joining FIC in November 2016, Srdjan was a legal advisor at the Serbian Development Agency (ex Serbia Investment and Export Promotion Agency - SIEPA), providing legal assistance and counseling services to the Government of Serbia, Prime Minister's Office, Ministry of Economy and other state authorities and institutions on both national and local level, playing a significant role in attracting and implementing foreign direct investment projects (FDIs) recognized by the Government of the Republic of Serbia as well as projects of special importance.